Monday, November 21, 2011

Confirmed!


After two weeks back in the UK, where I only went for 2 runs (21km and 33.4km) and ate and drank like it was Christmas, I find myself back in Riyadh with a minor chest infection and not training for a few days to come.
A major step has been reached tonight though; I finally got my deposit paid and confirmation of entry into MDS 2012. I spoke to Sarah at ‘Real Morocco’ who took my payment over the phone and answered my questions regarding the likelihood that my knee would pass the medical and the flight options to get to Ouarzazate.
Today I also made contact by email with an acquaintance from Colchester who I saw a photograph of in Mark Hines’ MDS book. He replied this afternoon with some encouraging comments.
Now the work really begins – I have approached the charity that I wish to represent and have written to my first potential corporate sponsor. I plan to spend most of the weekend researching points of contact and addresses, and writing letters to potential sponsors. This will have to be balanced against my continued online degree studies and organising the Team’s Half Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment